: Health Tip: Sleep Better During Pregnancy
Posted May 18, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- A growing belly and various aches and pains can make sleep difficult during pregnancy.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for a more restful sleep during pregnancy:
- Avoid caffeinated beverages. If you do indulge, only drink them in the morning or early afternoon.
- In the hours before bedtime, limit fluids and don't eat a heavy meal.
- Create a consistent sleeping and waking schedule.
- Skip intense exercise just before bed in favor of a relaxing bath.
- Press feet firmly against the wall if you have a leg cramp, or stand on the cramped leg.
- If your doctor says it's OK, practice daily yoga to help manage stress. Taking a childbirth or parenting class may also help ease baby-related anxiety.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.