The pesky pests of summer are here! Mosquitoes and their allies are looking for skin. So youíll want to shop our great selection of DEET-free* alternative insect repellents and find the one thatís right for everyone in your family (including pets).
You can also make your own protecting and soothing sprays with Aura Cacia essential oils. You can find recipes in their product display.
- BugBand Natural Insect Repellentís active ingredient, Geraniol, has been proven effective in repelling a wide variety of insects. Available in convenient bands and 2-pack towelettes. Safe for pets too.
- All Terrain Herbal Armor Insect Repellent pump spray was given the Best Gear Award by National Geographic Adventure. Available in a pump spray, lotion, or lotion with SPF 15 sunscreen. They also have formulas for kids!
- Buzz Away Extreme offers up to 4 hours protection and is safe to spray on clothing. Available in spray and individual towelettes.
- Bug Out! has 100% GMO-free soy wax candles and water-based sprays utilizing unique blends of pure essential oils.
- Badger Anti-bug is 100% organic, eco-friendly and great for kids. Available in balm, spray, stick or lotion with SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Burtís Bees Bug Bite Relief is an all-natural blend of soothing essential oils.
Remember when using these natural products to reapply often and use as much as you need. Donít spray them near your eyes or mouth. Before you use any product containing essential oils, try a small amount to check for allergic reactions.
*DEET (di-ethyl-toluamide) is the chemical found in most conventional insect repellents. It can cause toxic reactions in some people according to The New York Times, Prime Time Live, and other media. Over a ten-year period, 21,000 reports of DEET exposure were made to poison control centers. More than 80% of these involved children and infants. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children should not use repellents containing 30% or more DEET.